If you haven’t yet heard, Sustenance Festival is well on its way in Vancouver. Sustenance Festival is a city-wide food, art, and culture festival supported by dozens of community partners, the City of Vancouver, and the Vancouver Parks Board.
This year, Sustenance Festival boasts over sixty events ranging from cooking workshops and food security talks to documentary screenings and art exhibits. Many of these events are free or low cost. Events take place at community centres, neighbourhood houses, and other spaces throughout the city.
This year, we are excited to see all of the events hosted by Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Network members. Check out the upcoming events happening at Sustenance Festival with the neighbourhood food networks.
- Mamoul: Syrian Desserts workshop on November 21, hosted by Grandview Woodland Food Connection
- Wheels to Meals: Seniors Luncheon on October 25, November 8 & 22, hosted by Seasons of Food at Hastings Community Centre
- Seniors Social: Community Kitchen for Seniors on October 20 & 27, hosted by Seasons of Food at Hastings Community Centre
- Community Garden harvest on October 18, hosted by Seasons of Food at Hastings Community Centre
- Kits Seed Library Launch & Community Potluck on October 17, hosted by Westside Food Collaborative and Village Vancouver
- Westside Seed Series: Kits House Seed Savers Club on November 8, hosted by Westside Food Collaborative and Village Vancouver
Little Mountain-Riley Park
- Apple Festival in Riley Park on October 20, hosted by Little Mountain-Riley Park Neighbourhood Food Network
- Neighbour Savour IV Potluck Dinner on October 16, hosted by Village Vancouver
- West Coast Tea workshop on October 17, hosted by Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House & Food Network
- Food Gratitude: Indigenous Pedagogies on November 8, hosted by Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House and Food Network
- Food Feels cooking workshops on October 16, November 14 & 21, hosted by Renfrew Collingwood Food Security Institute
- “Tomorrow” film screening and discussion on October 18, hosted by Renfrew Collingwood Food Security Institute
- Making Beeswax Salves workshop on November 13, hosted by Village Vancouver
- World Food Day Celebration on October 26, hosted by Strathcona Community Centre
- Growing Japanese Vegetables on October 14, hosted by West End Neighbourhood Food Network
- Townhall on Food Security: West End & Downtown on November 17, hosted by Gordon Neighbourhood House
These are only a taste of the events hosted by Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Networks. Check out way more workshops and events at SustenanceFestival.ca.
For all event details and registration, see the Sustenance Festival calendar.