Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Networks (VNFNs) represent the strength of community members, organizations, and agencies to collaborate on community-based food initiatives and programs that support food access and resilience at the neighbourhood level. VNFNs from across the city meet to collaborate, share best practices and advocate for food justice with a unified voice.
The VNFNs are looking for a highly-organized individual with a passion for food justice to support their organizational objectives of 1) External Communications, 2) Long-term Financial Sustainability, 3), and Internal communications including, governance and administration.
- Familiarity with food security and food justice, particularly within the Vancouver context
- Strong connections in the local food movement and the ability to cultivate collaboration within and across sectors
- Strong experience in communications, including graphic design (adobe suite), website maintenance, social media, etc.
- Past experience in project coordination, fundraising, and grant writing
- Creative and resourceful thinking , able to leverage finite resources to meet objectives
Roles and Responsibilities:
External Communications: 30%
- Help create and manage all external communications including social media & blog posts, website updates, press releases, brochures, posters, etc.
- Manage the VNFN’s public email account and respond to public inquiries
Fund Development and Fundraising: 30%
- Help to build and maintain relationships with funders
- Support fundraising initiatives (raffles, business partnerships, etc.) and grant applications
Internal Communications (incl. governance and administration) 40%
- Handle all emails and correspondence
- Organize bimonthly meetings, agendas, minutes, and following-up on action items
- Track and reporting on the VNFN strategic plan and budget
- Collect and pay VNFN invoices
- Assist with updates to the VNFN terms of reference, as needed
- Manage the VNFN google groups account, organizing and maintaining a Drop-Box folder to facilitate efficient internal communication and information sharing between VNFNs
- Develop and facilitate an orientation process for new VNFN members
Rate of Pay: $28.00 per hour
Job Duration: Average of 8hr/week (flexibility required based on work) beginning in August
Deadline for Applications: July 1, 2017 (shortlisted applicants will be notified mid July)
The VNFN supports an affirmative action hiring process.
Please forward cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “VNFN Communications and Network Developer”
We thank all applicants, only those short listed will be contacted.